3 medium sized Bitter Gourds(Kakarakaya)
1 cup Shredded Coconut(or 4 long Coconut pieces)
1 mediun sized Onion
2 tbsp Red Chilli powder
2 tbsp Tamarind pulp
2 Garlic cloves
Oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
1. Wash the Bitter gourd thoroughly then take a knife and make slits to the Bitter gourds. Take a pressure cooker with enough water, add Bitter gourds and boil them until 3 whistles. Keep it aside.
2. Bring the coconut,chilli powder,chopped onion,tamarind pulp,garlic and salt to Mixi. Make a fine paste of it adding little water.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add this coconut mixture to it and fry it until nice aroma is spread.
4. Open the cooker lid and drain the water. Take Bitter gourds into hands and squeeze off excess water gently.
5. Heat oil in a skillet and once hot, deep fry the Bitter gourds until light brown.
6. Collect them in a plate and stuff the Bitter gourds with the coconut mixture. Serve them with hot White rice.
When served with White Rice, accompany it with some plain Dal(Mudda pappu). It would really taste great.
*We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe*
I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm