What would make you feel cozy in a rainy/chilled evening ???!!! Pakoras right :) yes..! I would happily add up another dish to this list which has the same tendency.. yes.. Sorakaya Vadalu.. believe me, Vada with the bottle guard flavor is just outstanding. My very very favorite one.. all you need is nothing much but the bottle guard/sorakaya and Rice flour as your main ingredients accompanying with few regular spices. Winter is up and hope this fills your snack quest!!Ingredients:
1 cup Grated(Thurimina) Sorakaya/Bottle Guard/Doodhi
Rice flour as needed
1 tsp Red chilli powder
3 Green Chillies chopped thin
1 tbsp Nuvvulu/Sesame seeds
2 tsp Ginger+Garlic paste
A pinch of turmeric
Few coriander leaves chopped
1 small Onion chopped very thin
Salt to taste
1. Start heating oil for deep fry and meanwhile make the following mixture.
2. Take a wide bowl, add the grated Sorakaya/Doodhi. Add to it all the other ingredients listed above except the rice flour.
3. Mix well and keep aside for 2 mins. Since we added salt and as the Sorakaya has a tendency to ooze out water, the mixture turns enough wet.
4. Now add suffient rice flour to it and mix well. Get a consistency so that you can spread the dough easily.
5. Take a plain polythene sheet or you can just use your palm. Take a small portion of dough, spread it flat and make hole in the center with your thumb and then drop it slowly in the hot oil.
6. Deep fry both the sides until golden brown and serve hot with your favorite pickle or spicy home made powders.
BGU7B4WDXAQT *We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe* I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking www.onlineconversion.com