This is very simple Indian recipe.., a variety of Rice with just lemon and nothing much. Also an immd. recipe that comes to our mind when feeling lazy to cook :) This is a pretty common recipe that is made in almost every Indian's kitchen but hope this helps any priliminary cooks :) I also have a beautiful tip that makes this dish more yummy. Check it out below the post. Hope you'll enjoy it.. it's my mom's special :)
1 cup Rice
2 lemons(Juice squeezed)
3 Green Chillies-slit
2 Red Chillies-torn into pieces
1 spring Curry leaves
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeelakarra
1 tsp Mustard Seeds/Aavalu
2 tbsp Peanuts/Pallilu
1 tbsp Bengal gram/pachi senagapappu
1 tbsp Black gram/minapappu
2 tbsp Cashew/Jeedipappu
1. Cook rice and keep it aside(with 1:2 rice-water ratio).
2. Heat oil in a pan and add all the ingredients listed for the tempering. Fry them until they change to light brown color.
3. Add both the chillies and curry leaves. Add a pinch of hing/asafoetida and turmeric and fry again.
4. Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice to the pan. Also the salt. Wait for a while and add the tempering to the rice and mix well.
5. Check for the salt and lemon and alter according to your taste.
Tip: Do not add the Green Chillies to the tempering. Take a 2-inch coconut piece. Bring the green chillies and coconut to mixi to make a nice paste. Mix it to the rice along with the tempering.
*We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe* I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking www.onlineconversion.com