This is one of my most favorite dishes with a healthy ingredient Egg.. 'Boiled Egg Curry'! I have tasted this recipe long long ago at my best buddy - Jeevan's place.. I just love aunty's recipes.. she is a great cook indeed :) Boiled egg is almost everyone's favorite but I know few who doesn't like it too.. Those who doesn't enjoy to have the boiled egg directly, will surely love this recipe more.. Try it once and let me know :) Here it goes..!
2 big Tomatoes-chopped thin pieces
2 big Onion - chopped thin and long
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 spring curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 tsp Mustard seeds/Aavalu
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, splutter the cumin and mustard seeds.
2. Add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, fry well and then add chopped onion and fry until translucent.
3. Add tomato pieces, little salt and stir the mixture well until the tomatoes are well cooked. Cook on medium flame so that the juice oozed from tomatoes does not evaporate much.
4. With the help of the ladle(garita/cooking spoon), seperate the mixture to make 4 hollow spaces in the pan. Break the egg and drop the stuff directly in those spaces.
5. Close the lid and let them cook, simmering the heat. This might take around 5 mins. Check the eggs if they have cooked well piercing them with a toothpick.
6. Once they are cooked properly mix the whole mixture with the ladle chopping those boiled egg portions. Chop them into medium portions. Add Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, adjust salt and top it with coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with Rotis/Rice.
*We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe* I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking www.onlineconversion.com