Today I have come up with one of my own recipes.. wanted to prepare some gravy curry with aloe yesterday. I wanted it to be done real fast and so thought of doing this way.. all I had was potatoes and an Onion and Tomato and few dried methi leaves.. you can also use fresh methi leaves .. so, this came out instantly and also tasted great... I have actually served this with rice but I am sure this would go perfect with rotis/poori. Give it a try :)
3 big Potatoes
4 Green chillies
1 medium sized Tomatoes chopped
1 medium sized Onion chopped
2 Garlic cloves
15-20 whole Cashews
1 tiny Cinnamon stick
2 tbsp poppy seeds(add one more tbsp if interested)
few coriander leaves
3 tbsp kasoori methi(dried methi leaves/dried menthi aaku)
3/4 cup Milk(Not necessarily boiled)
2 tsp Shahjeera
Salt to taste
1. Chop potatoes into medium sized cubes and boil them separately with salt until soft enough. Once done, drain the water and keep aside.
2. Put the chopped onion,tomato in a mixi jar. Add garlic cloves,cloves,cinnamon stick,poppy seeds and make a fine paste of it adding some water.
3. Heat some oil in a pan, add shahjeera and let them splutter. Add the above mixture and add a cup of water to it and mix well. Stir it for 1 min and add red chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric and garam masala and stir well. Now, add the milk and stir again until the raw smell is gone completely.. you'll find slowly the mixture turns a bit thicker with nice aroma.
4. Add 2 tbsp kasoori methi and salt to the mixture. Add few coriander leaves and stir well.
5. Let it cook for 30sec and then add boiled potato pieces. Stir well and cook for a min. Adjust salt and remove from the flame.
6. Serve hot with rotis/poori
*We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe* I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking www.onlineconversion.com