Cauliflower is a wonderful healthy vegetable which is very high in Protein, Vitamin C,K , Fiber and too less in cholesterol and saturated fat. Equally.., it makes tasty dishes. Take the vegetable in any form, cooked, raw - for example as soaked in lime juice and salt.. it tastes great. This fry needs a very little amount of oil and so I thought I'd call it light fry :) Also, it takes very less time to get fried so, this can be planned instantly too.
2 cups Cauliflower florets(chopped in medium size)
2 tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Few coriander leaves chopped
2 tbsp Putnala podi / Dalia powder / flavored Roasted chickpea powder
Putnala Podi preparation:
1 cup Putnalu/Dalia/Roasted chickpeas
2 tsp Cumin seeds/jeelakarra/jeera
2 tsp salt
1 Garlic clove
6 dry Red chilles/ Endu mirapakayalu
Blend all the above ingredients to make fine powder and it's ready.
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the cauliflower florets. Fry them well on medium flame so that they get softer slowly but do not burn.
2. Slowly as they get cooked and fried, you will notice slightly oil oozing out and the florets become tiny.
3. Now reduce the flame to low, add the red chilli powder, salt and mix them well so that florets get a good coating of the salt and chilli powder.
4. Finally, add the Putnala podi to the florets and mix them nicely.
5. Sprinkle the coriander leaves, suate them for a while and remove from the flame.. This dish goes great with rotis/rice.
*We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe* I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking www.onlineconversion.com