Lima Beans are also called as Butter Beans.. this is a healthy bean that gives out a number of variety dishes which I am still learning :) I have tried a curry with it for now. The recipe is very simple to keep as any other regular curries, but just because of these beans, there is a huge variation in the taste of the curry. This bean is very very low in Saturated fat and cholesterol and is very very high in Protein and Dietary fiber. This is also a very good source of Vitamin C. Yet to try out the variety recipes of Lima Beans.. will try to get you more and more dishes with this Healthy Bean.
2 cups Lima Beans
2 Medium sized Tomatoes chopped
1 big Onion chopped
1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
Pinch of Turmeric
|Lima Beans Curry|
1. Heat some oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and black gram each 1 tsp.
2. Add chopped onion and fry until they turn translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle little salt and cook until tomatoes turn soft.
3. Add the Lima Beans and saute well. Sprinkle some water on the top, add some salt and close the lid. Cook them on medium flame for atleast 10 min.
4. Check the bean if it is cooked soft and if not, continue cooking, if needed, sprinkle some more water.
5. Once the beans are cooked well, mix the red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and top it with some coriander leaves. Adjust salt if needed and serve hot with Rice/Roti.
Recipe Tips : Add a tbsp of Ginger Garlic paste if you want some spicy touch to the curry.
*We welcome your valuable suggestions/comments on this Recipe* I follow the following link for the unit conversions. Hope it will help. The link shows all the unit conversions for cooking www.onlineconversion.com